Call us : (785) 783-6974

Do I need an appointment? Do you take walk-ins?
No appointment is necessary to tour our community; however, it is always appreciated if you call ahead to make sure we are available to provide adequate time for you to tour and ask questions. Please arrive no later than one half hour prior to closing if you would like to tour the property. Everyone over 18 must have a valid photo ID to tour the community.

Why do your prices have ranges?
The prices will range on each floor plan depending on the updates done inside the apartment. Updated units may include newer flooring, countertops, kitchen appliances, lighting, faucets, etc.

What is the application fee and is it refundable?
Application fees are $50 per person 18 and older occupying the apartment. You may pay these online by credit card. All application fees are nonrefundable once an application has been screened.  There is an administration fee of $100 per application that will be collected at the time of application submission. 

How do I apply?
Applications may be found under the “floor plans” tab of our property website, or you can stop in the office for a paper application during business hours.

Which utilities do I pay?

Residents are responsible for paying the electric, water and gas service, as well as cable/internet – through whichever service provider they select.

What is the security deposit?
Our standard security deposit is $300 but can vary depending on screening results and can be up to one month’s rent as the deposit. 

When is my rent payment due?
Rent is always due on or before the first of the month.

What day of the month am I liable for a late charge?
Rent is always due on the first and a $100 late fee is assessed on the 6th. There is also an additional $100 late fee charged on the 11th, if the balance has not paid in full by then (even Sundays and holidays).

How can I pay my rent?
You can pay rent online electronically through Rent CafĂ© with a bank account or credit card.  We do not accept cash, money orders, starter checks, postdated checks, or incomplete checks.

What kind of pets do you allow? How many pets may I have?

Up to 2 pets, cats or dogs, are allowed with a combined weight of 150 pounds. A $300 initial pet fee is required (with an additional $400 refundable deposit for the 2nd pet).  The monthly pet rent is $35 per pet. Breed restrictions apply, please contact the office.

If I get a job transfer, can I break the lease?
Yes, if the lease buy-out fee has been paid. 60-day notice is required at the time of submitting your notice of intent to vacate.  The lease buy-out is two months rent and charges. 

How can I refer a friend?
Refer a friend, family member, co-worker or anyone to move to the Villa West Apartments & Townhomes and we will give you $300 (received as a credit towards your rent) once they have moved in and paid their first month’s rent! Make sure your referral mentions you sent them at their initial tour to qualify!

If something needs to be repaired in my apartment, how do I report it?
You may call the office, send an e-mail, or leave a message with the answering service. You may also submit work orders online if you are enrolled in our online services.

There is a person who might be staying with me for a while, is that permitted by the lease?
Yes, if someone is temporarily staying with you, please let the office know. If someone is permanently moving in, or staying longer than 7 days, they will need to fill out an application to be added to your lease agreement.

I will be moving out. What do I need to do?
We require a 60-day written notice, which you are responsible through, prior to move-out. If you need to move-out at the end of your lease term, please remember to come in 60 days prior to the lease expiring to provide your written notice. You will also be responsible for all utilities during this 60-day notice period.  Therefore, the utilities must stay in your name including the day you surrender possession to us. 

Do you have cable services?
Yes, residents can set up services with Cox Communications directly by calling Reggie Conyers at 316-833-0139 or email at:
[email protected]

Can I grill on property?
You are allowed to use electric grills only at Villa West Apartments & Townhomes.   Restrictions apply to wooden decks. Please contact the office with questions.

I’m locked out of my apartment/garage. What do I do?
If you are locked out during business hours, you can come to the office to be let back in your apartment or garage.

I’ve lost my apartment and/or mailbox keys. What do I do?
If you have lost your keys, you may have new keys made at our office during business hours for a small fee. If it is outside of office hours, please contact a local locksmith. Our office does not have access to your mailbox assignment or keys.  You must get in contact with USPS at 785-271-1880 or their address is: 6120 SW 29th Street Topeka, KS 66614